‘Bahujan Hitay, Bahujan Sukhay’ being the mission statement for the society, the same is followed by the Law College. The (S.S.M.S.L.C.) Shri Shivaji Maratha Society’s Law College is established in the year 2003 with main objective of imparting quality professional education to the students coming from all strata of the society & up bringing the masses & aiming at the following goals.
- To impart value education & ethics & to set new standard of excellence.
- To create quality advocates & responsibilities human being rather than degree holders.
- To inculcate a positive attitude & the right professionalism in each student through disciplined & dedicated efforts.
COURSES AVAILABLE FOR AND ELIGIBILY QUALIFICATION
- LL.B. – Three years course after Graduation of any faculty with minimum 40% for candidates belonging to S.C./S.T. & 45% marks for others.
- B.A.LL.B – Five course Bachelor of Law (B.A.LL.B ) after Passing XII std./HSC Exam or equivalent exam with minimum 40% marks for candidates belonging to S.C./S.T. & 45% marks for others.
- D.T.L. – Diploma in Taxation Law. (Graduate of any faculty)
- D.L.L. & L.W. – Diploma in Labour Laws & Labour Welfare (Graduate of any faculty)
Each of the above courses shall be under the supervision of the professor-in-charge appointed for the course the concerned professor may form groups and the work may be assigned to each group.
MAINTENANCE OF JOURNAL
Each student shall compulsory maintain a journal as may be prescribed by the college, for the clinical work done by him. Each student shall from time to time regularly write about the work allotted to and done by him or her in his own handwriting and the dates there to and signed by him and the same be scrutinized and countersigned from time to time, by the concerned professor in-charge. The Journal shall be submitted to the college as and when so required by the college for the purpose of assessment.