The 2018 General Meeting of the Mont Pelerin Society will take place from September 30 – October 6, 2018 at ExpoMeloneras and Lopesan Hotels in Meloneras, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands.
As with past general meetings, the Mont Pelerin Society is currently soliciting submissions for Friedrich A. Hayek Fellowships. The fellowships will be awarded through the Hayek Essay Contest.
The Hayek Essay Contest is open to all individuals 36 years old or younger.
Entrants should write a 5,000 word (maximum) essay that addresses the below issues.
- What are the most important areas where competition is discovering new ways to improve lives today?
- How have entrepreneurs innovated around government regulation?
- How is entrepreneurial innovation leading to competition with government itself?
Essays must be submitted in English only. Electronic submissions should be sent in PDF format to this email address: email@example.com.
Authors of winning essays must present their papers at the General Meeting to receive their award.
The essays will be judged by an international panel of three members of the Society.
- The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2018.
- The winners will be announced on July 31, 2018.
- First prize: $2500 cash award + travel grant*
- Second prize: $1500 cash award + travel grant*
- Third prize: $1000 cash award + travel grant*
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at +1.806.742.7138.