DU LLM is an abbreviation for Delhi University Law Entrance Exam for post graduation and the Delhi University conducts DU LLM. It is organized for admission in undergraduate law courses in the state law colleges of Banaras. The DU LLM will be conducted in the third week of June 2018.
The admission to law colleges of Delhi can be taken by qualifying DU LLM. There are various law colleges in the state offering 54 LLM seats for the post graduates of DU LLM. The entrance exam that is DU LLM will be conducted in offline mode. The Instructions, Rules, and regulations are decided by the Delhi University and in compliance with all the rules and regulations of DU authorities and the relevant Government orders in place.
There are certain criteria that the candidate needs to satisfy even after passing the examination DU LLM. These are Eligibility Criteria and set as per the rules of government in DU LLM and is the way to admission in LLM courses of the state.
DU LLM Admission conducts entrance based admission to LLM courses. The admissions to post graduate law colleges in Delhi was taken on the basis of DU LLM earlier.
A Brief Introduction to DU LLM
Important features of DU LLM Entrance Exam 2018 –
DU LLM: Brief about the exam
|Exam name||DU LL.M. (2 Years) 2017 Entrance Test|
|Abbreviated Name||DU LLM|
|Exam Date||Third Week of June, 2018|
|Conducting University||University of Delhi, New Delhi|
|Course offered through DU LLM 2018||Master of Laws (LL.M. 2 Year Course)|
|Medium of Test||English|
The University of Delhi for DU LLM can check complete details about the exam including eligibility criteria, application procedure, exam centers, syllabus, important dates, etc. in this article below.
DU LLM Important Dates
DU LLM dates are the dates provided for the important events happening in the DU LLM. The dates provided here are tentative and will give the reader a brief idea about when the event is going to happen (like month or week).
|DU LLM Entrance Exam 2018 Events||Important Dates (2018)
|Notification and start of online registration||Fourth Week of April|
|Last date for online application submission||Fourth Week of May|
|Last date of fee submission for registered candidates||Last week of May|
|Availability of Admit Card||Second Week of June|
|DU LLM 2017||Third Week of June|
|Issue of Answer Key||Fourth Week of June|
|DU LLM 2017 Result||First Week of July|
|Merit List||Second Week of July|
|Counselling||First Week of August|
NOTE: All the applicants should note that above-provided dates are tentative and all the applicants are requested to check the dates on the official website of the DU LLM. Since all the dates are updated by the DU LLM authorities and in case the update is not reflected on our website we request applicants to check the official website of DU LLM.
DU LLM Admit Card
The admit card for DU LLM is provided online to the candidates appearing for the DU LLM. The admit card is accessed by the candidates on the DU LLM portal. The admit card for (PG) post graduate was issued via online mode from the third week of May 2018. The admit card for DU LLM is issued by Delhi University.
The candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the DU LLM. The admit card will not be sent via post to any of the appearing candidates. The admit card of DU LLM will contain following details like candidates name, date of birth, photo, signature, exam center and roll number. This information of the candidate will be based on the applicant’s DU LLM application form.
Steps to download or get admit card for DU LLM
- Visit the DU LLM 2018 official website link given below.
- Enter Login ID and Password details created during registration/application for DU LLM 2018.
- Click on the ‘Admit Card’ tab on the new page that opens.
- The DU LLM 2018 Admit Card showing the candidate’s DU LLM roll number, exam centre details and reporting time will be displayed on screen. Download and save the same.
- Candidates should take a printout of the DU LLM 2018 Admit Card, verify all the details and carry the same at the time of appearing for the exam.
The candidates are advised to take print out of the admit card and take this admit card with themselves on the exam center. The candidates are advised to take print out of the admit card and take this admit card with themselves on the exam center.The applicant can download the DU LLM admit card by entering their application/registration number and their date of birth. Keep the admit card safely with them. None of the candidates are allowed to enter the examination hall without admit card. Also, all the candidates are informed to take their original as well as the photocopy of their ID proof along with Admit card.
DU LLM Application forms
DU LLM application form is available in online mode. The University appoints authorities to conduct the centralized online counseling for the academic session of DU LLM 2018-19. All the applicants are required to fill the form in order to appear for DU LLM courses. DU LLM exam or application form is released by the Delhi University.
The admission form or application form for DU LLM. The application fees can be paid by the candidate via online mode. Here are few points about DU LLM application form:
- Click on official link provided for DU LLM 2018 Application form
- Candidates need to register for DU law entrance exam 2018 using a valid e-mail id and mobile number
- A registration/ application id will be sent on the registered email id of candidates
- Login with registration id and fill in the application form of DU LLM Law 2018 by entering details like academic qualification, personal information as well as test center choice as well as exam appearing for
- Candidates also need to upload scanned copies of Photograph and Signature as required
- Candidates can remit the application fee of DU LLM 2018 either in online mode or offline mode
- The application form of DU LLM 2018 need to submit in online mode only
The candidates filling the application form should make sure that they are filling the correct information otherwise they will not be allowed to sit for the examination. There are certain documents that are required during DU LLB application form filling. This application form filling includes documents such as scanned copies of their signature and passport size photograph.
The application form of DU LLM will demand information like gender, mobile number, parents’ names, gender, mobile number, community, category, and caste details as well as the choice of exam center and the digital versions of candidate’s photograph and signature.
Some importants points regarding photo and signature format related to form filling of DU LLM 2018:
|S. No.||Candidate Document||Specifications||Format|
|Min. resolution 100 x 130 pixels
Max. size 50 KB
|2||Signature||Min. resolution 140 x 60 pixels
Max. size 100 KB
|3||Photo ID proof||Self-attested copy of either Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card,Voter’s Identity Card, Passport or College Identity Card
Max. size 50 KB
|4||Class 10/Matriculation Certificate||Self-attested copy
Max. size 100 KB
Max. size 100 KB
DU LLM Application fees
Once the candidate is done with filling the form online the next step is to pay the application fees. To complete their DU LLM Counselling registration, candidates need to sign the counseling register and pay a non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 500. Different categories have fees for the application form of DU LLM.
DU LLM Application Fee
|Course||Unreserved/OBC Category Fee||SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) Category Fee|
|DU LLM (2 Years)||Rs. 500||Rs. 250|
The payment mode is only online and Online payment can be done through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. The fees is non-refundable.
DU LLM Eligibility Criteria
There are certain rules or conditions set by the official authority of the DU LLM authorities which an applicant needs to satisfy to appear for the DU LLM. The applicants can look for all the eligibility criteria one needs to satisfy and should contain all the documents proving that applicants satisfying those criteria.
DU LLM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
|S.No.||Category||Degree Requirements||Marks Requirements|
|1||General||Three/Five Year LL.B degree from University of Delhi or any other recognized University||50% aggregate marks or equivalent grade|
|2||Reserved||Three/Five Year LL.B degree from University of Delhi or any other recognized University||45% aggregate marks or equivalent grade|
Here are some of the criteria and those are divided caegory wise which an applicant should satisfy:
For General Category
- Candidates should have secured a Three Year LLB or Five Year Integrated LLB Degree from the University of Delhi or any other University in India or abroad which is recognized by the University of Delhi.
- They should have scored atleast 50% marks on aggregate or an equivalent aggregate grade point over the course of their Three Year LLB or Five Year Integrated LLB degree.
For Reserved Categories
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates should have secured a Three Year LLB or Five Year Integrated LLB Degree from the University of Delhi or any other University in India or abroad which is recognized by the University of Delhi when appearing for DU LLM 2018.
- SC/ST candidates should have scored atleast 45% marks on aggregate or an equivalent aggregate grade point over the course of their Three Year LLB or Five Year Integrated LLB degree.
- Other Backward Caste (OBC) candidates should have secured a Three Year LLB or Five Year Integrated LLB Degree from the University of Delhi or any other University in India or abroad which is recognized by the University of Delhi when appearing for DU LLM 2018.
- For OBC candidates, a relaxation in the minimum eligibility of marks with regard to the aggregate score achieved in pursuit of their LLB Degrees will be applicable. This will be calculated to the extent of 10% of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed for the general category candidates. This means that if the minimum eligibility marks required for general candidates is 50%, for OBC candidates it will be 50% minus 10% of 50%, that is 45%. This rule, introduced in compliance of a judgement passed by the Supreme Court in 2011 in the P.V. Indiresan v. Union of India case, means that OBC candidates should have scored 45% aggregate marks or an equivalent aggregate grade point while securing their LLB degree.
- Only those OBC candidates who belong to the Non Creamy Layer and whose caste is contained in the Central List of OBC categories shall be eligible for admissions under the OBC category relaxations for DU LLM 2018. All other OBC candidates will have to apply for DU LLM 2018 under the General category rules.
3) Defence Quota
- Candidates applying for DU LLM 2018 under the Children/Widow (CW) category, either as widows/wards of ex-servicemen or as wards of serving defence forces personnel with gallantry award recognition, will receive 5% marks relaxation in the minimum DU LLM eligibility prescribed for general candidates, that is they should have obtained 45% aggregate marks or an equivalent aggregate grade in their LLB degree.
4) Physically Handicapped
- Candidates who are physically handicapped will also be given 5% marks relaxation in the minimum DU LLM eligibility prescribed for general candidates, that is they will need to have scored 45% aggregate marks or obtained an equivalent aggregate grade point for their LLB degree, subject to the recommendations of the Medical Board.
5) Sports Category
- No reservation is applicable.
Reservation for DU LLM
The reservation for the candidates who are from different categories has different rules set by DU LLM. The rules and regulations are defined by the DU LLM. All the candidates must strictly follow the rules defined by the DU LLM for (PG) post graduation courses.
Categories or Reservations in DU LLM are as mentioned-above in Eligibility Criteria.
NOTE: The candidate should note that the in-case of any discrepancy the candidate’s admission will be canceled and the seat will not be given to the candidate instead will be allotted to any other candidate.
DU LLM Result
DU LLM Result 2018 for LLM courses. The result will be announced online on the official portal of DU LLM by Delhi University (DU). The result is declared in the first week of July 2018. The result will consist of the merit list on the basis of marks of the candidates. The candidates will be called on the basis of merit list for the counseling. The DU LLM authority releases result for different courses provided by the university. The Result of DU LLM has been announced by Delhi University (DU).
The correct number of questions answered by the candidate will decide the result. There will be a total of 120 questions and candidate will be able to tick maximum correct out of it. Applicants should download the result and should preserve the score till the admission procedure is complete for further use in DU LLM.
DU LLM Counselling
The applicants scored marks, which are above the cutoff, are eligible for the admission procedure in the DU LLM and after that counseling procedure starts. The list will be released for the candidates who get selected for the admission procedure. The counseling for various courses will be held in the first week of August 2018. The counseling will be conducted via offline mode. The counseling for DU LLM is conducted by Delhi University.
All the candidates will be assigned a center for the counseling process and candidates have to report to their respective center and on the given date by the authorities of DU LLM. Candidates will also have to present a list of official documents for verification and xerox copies of the same for submission. Candidates should ensure they submit only the correct information at the time of DU LLM Counselling process as it will be used for their seat verification.
The counseling is done on the basis of rank provided to the candidate. The counseling will be on the basis of the candidate’s rank. When the candidates are called for the counseling procedure the candidates have to take original documents with them. The documents will go through the verification process by the authorities. There will be 54 seats available for the LLM counseling to be filled by the candidates by clearing DU LLM entrance examination.
After the successful tests and verification, the candidate can appear for the admission in the DU LLM. It is important for the candidate to be present physically for the counseling and if the candidates fail to be present on the day of the counseling than the candidate’s seat will be canceled. Nowadays as provided by the online option the candidate can choose and fill their preferences of colleges and courses online in the official website of DU LLM.
The seats are allotted purely on the basis of marks secured in the entrance exam and merit list prepared on that marks. The DU LLM counseling will be done in offline mode only.
List of Documents Required at the Time of Admission
Candidates will be required to produce the following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission.
- Eight passport size photographs
- DU LLM 2017 Admit Card
- Proof of Age Certificate (preferably Class 10 or Class 12)
- Character Certificate
- Provisional or final degree certificate of LLB
- Marksheet of LLB
- PH/CW/SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) certificate if applicable
DU LLM Exam Pattern
Different academic courses have different exam pattern offered by the Institute. The undergraduate entrance exam will be based on OMR examination. The exam will be offline that is it will be a pen paper based examination. The duration for the examination of DU LLM will be for 120 minutes. There will be the total of 175 questions which will be multiple choice questions (objective based). The LLM Examination will be standard for the entrance examination. There will be total of 700 marks. The candidate will be awarded 1 marks for the correct answer and there will be NO negative marking.
- Language: The exam was conducted in English medium.
- No. of Questions: The question paper contained 175 multiple choice questions.
- Mode of Exam: The exam was organized through online mode that is it will be the computer based exam.
- Total Marks: There will e total of 700 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect response negative marking will be applied in this exam.
DU LLB Exam Center
|S.No.||DU LLB 2017 exam cities||States|
|3.||Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir|
DU LLM Participating Institutes
|S. No.||Name of Institute||Location|
|1||Campus Law Centre (CLC)||University North Campus, Chhatra Marg, New Delhi|
|2||Law Centre – 1 (LC-1)||University North Campus, Chhatra Marg, New Delhi|
|3||Law Centre – 2 (LC-2)||Atma Ram Sanatan Dharam (ASRD) College building, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi|
DU LLM Syllabus
The official website will consist of the detailed syllabus for DU LLM. The University will release notification for candidates appearing for the LLM courses that are the official syllabus. The Institute will release the updated syllabus as soon as released by the officials.
|S. No.||DU LLM 2017 Syllabus Topics|
|1||Constitutional Law of India|
|3||Law of Contracts and Sale of Goods|
|4||Law of Torts and Consumer Protection|
|6||Public International Law|
|8||Company law and Partnership|
|9||Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Cyber Law, Environment Law|
|10||Contemporary Legal Issues|