Right to Information Act, 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for information. Before the RTI Indian Parliament had enacted the Freedom of Information Act, 2002 in order to promote transparency and accountability in the administration.
The seminar will focus on objectives of Right to Information Act, 2005 whose aim is to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority, the constitution of a Central Information Commission and State Information Commissions and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATION:
Seminar papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the issues related to above themes. It is also proposed that the selected papers by the Committee will be published in a special volume of the seminar in the form of an edited book with ISBN No.
Author of selected abstracts would be given an opportunity to present their paper as per requirement of the theme during sessions on the day of the seminar.
- Right to Information and Protection of Whistle Blower.
- Right to Information and Political Parties.
- Transparency and accountability in the implementation of
- Right to Information and Media Law.
- Impact of Right to Information Act in Justice Delivery System.
- RTI and Good Governance.
- Right to Information Act as an Anti-corruption Tool.
- Right to Information Act and Right to Privacy.
- Future Road-map of Right to Information Act
- Last date for Submission of abstracts: 13thFebruary 2018
- Full paper submission (Soft copy): 1stMarch 2018
For more details:
- Faiz Ahmed, Ph. 8427445591
- Sarthak Doshi, Ph. 9501703084
- Anchit Singla, Ph. 9910926800
The registration form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSei-Ym8fV18YnOil52Oe_YVZLIrRaqhCB_Ta3FLszyfyFrznw/viewform
All the abstracts and full-length papers shall be sent on email id: firstname.lastname@example.org