In keeping up with the tradition of providing individuals a platform to grow and enhance their skills in various fields, the DU Mock Indian Parliament is organised. The event provides its participants with a stage to voice their opinion about various policies of the government.
At the end of two days of a rigorous and policy oriented debate and discussion, the participants are well acquainted with the policy making process. They often arrive at creative and effective solutions to the problems at hand and present the same in form of an appropriate document.
This year, at 5th DU Mock Indian Parliament, we are simulating the following committees with their respective agenda:
- Lok Sabha – Legislative framework to enforce the fundamental right to privacy
- Committee on Agrarian Reforms – Revising the Swaminathan Committee Report for proposing reforms in the agricultural sector
- Cabinet Committee on Security – Classified
- All India Political Parties Meet – Framework for strengthening employment opportunities in India
- Constituent Assembly Debate – Determining the form of government for independent India
- 2nd Round Table Conference – Deliberation on separate electorates and course of action after Gandhi-Irwin Pact
The Press – The event is covered and reported by representatives of The Press who participate as Journalists, Photographers or Caricaturists.
With the best of agendas, the most spirited individuals to moderate the committees, a prestigious legacy of 4 years and an unprecedented zeal to enhance the age-old tradition of debating, the 5th DU Mock Indian Parliament will be organized under the aegis of Citizen’s’ Initiative for Law and Governance, a Non-Governmental Organization committed to the cause of identifying the flaws in or law and governance and making the law more accessible to the common man; on 10th – 11th February 2018.
This year at DUMIP, we expect participation from almost 500 students from various Institutions across the country. Ministers of the Union Cabinet and other prominent personalities are expected to grace the event as guests for the valedictory ceremony.
Parliamentarians register here.
Press register here.
Last date to register: January 25
North Campus, University of Delhi
Email Id: email@example.com