Good Governance Yatra is an immersive travel program and provides an experiential learning platform for aspiring change makers. It helps give first-hand exposure to good governance models, an opportunity to interact with the visionaries behind the project and learn about the intricacies of policy in action, among a host of other things.
Highlights of the program
- 9-day expedition to explore good governance models across multiple states of India
- Experience the model governance projects across various domains
- Travel with a diverse cohort and experience a fulfilling journey across India
- Interact with last-mile governance leaders and role-models in public policy
- Network with the best-performing policy-makers and leading policy thinkers
- Co-learn with future-leaders passionate about nation-building
Good Governance Yatra (GGY) is designed for young people who are willing to build a career in the domain of public policy, governance and public leadership.
GGY is appropriate for
- Young Professionals who want to explore and enter the area of public policy and governance.
- University students and Scholars who wish to take up full-fledged careers in development studies and governance.
- Civil Service Aspirants who wish to get a first-hand exposure to governance and supplement their knowledge of this field.
- Aspiring Politicians, who wish to experience governance, and hone their skills in this area.
- NRIs and foreign citizens who wish to learn about Indian policy framework and governance.
- Young Development Workers who wish to understand the intricacies of governance.
The competitive process includes the following:
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Qualifications
- Video Essay (Required for Scholarships)
- Shortlisted applicants may also be asked for a web/telephonic interview.
For Indian citizens: ₹ 28,000
For others: $500
(To be deposited only after selection)
Scholarships will be provided on merit-cum-means basis to upto 50% for deserving applicants.
This amount is inclusive of:
- Travel for the entire duration of yatra
- Food and Accommodation
- Course Pack
- Workshops and Activities during the yatra
- Passes to 4 VIF Conferences/Conclaves after the yatra
Note: Application Deadline is October 22.
For any queries, send an email to email@example.com.