V.M. Salgaoncar College of Law which today features as a respectable and foremost name in the field of legal education in India was established in the year 1973. The college is centrally nestled in the heart of Goa at Miramar adjoining the capital city Panaji yet away from the hustle bustle of city thus providing a conducive environment to pursue legal education over a lavish area ad-measuring 7831 square meters.
- The college takes pride of having an independent library building with WiFi facility spread over a built-up area of 1029.53 sq mts which was inaugurated by Hon’ble Justice K G Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India in the year 2005.
- To harness the mooting skills and create the magic of court room drama we can boast of a classic moot court room designed with acoustics ad-measuring 135 sq.mts. With a seating capacity of over 150 specially designed for the conduct of Moot Court and Trial Advocacy.
- The college takes pride that all the class rooms on the campus are designed on the lines of future smart classrooms with the best of the facilities available like LCD Projector, WiFi, independent CPU, Stabilizer, Teak wood Furniture, Green Boards, Rostrums, Digital Documents Camera, inter alia. Most of the classrooms are air-conditioned and the few in line will be done by 2016.
- The institute also provides locker facility to the students for keep safe of their belongings.
Cyber Laboratory of the college is well developed with over 30 Computers, Printers,
Scanner, internet connection, WiFi, etc.
- A sprawling fully air-conditioned A/C conference hall equipped with all the modern amenities with a seating capacity of 200 rests on the first floor of the new library building.
- The staff of the college is housed in two independent staff rooms with all modern facilities on likes of a/c, computers, printers, water purifiers, independent sitting and storage spaces , WiFi are provided on the first floor of the main college building .
- The college can boast of an dedicated air-conditioned examination center fully equipped with the need of the times.
- The college campus is secured under CCTV surveillance.
- To harness the sporting enthusiasm of the students gymkhana with modern and state of the art sports equipments is located on the ground floor of the main college building.
- A well spread cafeteria is spread in the enclosed as well as garden area where students cherish to gather for scrumptious delicacies as well as impromptu campus discussions.
- A special provision of a common room for girls attached with washrooms is provided on the second floor while that for the boys is provided on the second floor.
V.M. Salgaocar College of Law,
Miramar – Panjim, Goa,
403 001 – India.