Explore strategies for creating and implementing programs and projects that promote positive social change through Walden University’s Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.).
Gain management and organizational skills as you study how the administration of policy can positively affect underserved populations.
Examine current research in the field as you position yourself to promote collaboration across agencies and departments.
Specializations (in addition to the General Program)
- Global Leadership
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Management
- Health Policy
- Homeland Security Policy
- Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- Interdisciplinary Policy Studies
- International Nongovernmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Law and Public Policy
- Local Government Management for Sustainable Communities
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Policy Analysis
- Public Management and Leadership
- Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association
Walden is proud to have earned specialized accreditations from the following organizations:
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Accreditation Center (GAC) for Project Management Education Programs
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET)
Accreditation validates that a university and its programs are of high quality and offer relevant content. Walden University’s accreditation means:
- The programs and courses are of high quality.
- Students who qualify have access to federal student aid.
- Credits earned are easier to transfer than credits earned at non-accredited institutions.
When evaluating credentials, employers and universities often look for applicants who earned a degree from an accredited university.
Walden’s flexibility and support put your education within reach. You will benefit from a comprehensive online learning experience that includes:
- Convenient start dates throughout the year.
- Orientation that prepares you for success in an online environment.
- Ability to complete coursework when and where it is convenient for you.
- Access to courses and materials on your smartphone or tablet.
- Multimedia resources designed to augment student learning: videos, case studies, simulations, articles, journals, and discussion topics.
- A global online community of faculty, students, and alumni.