(PhD (Economics), MA)
Dean Research, Head, Department of Social Sciences & Professor of Economics @GNLU
Publication / Books:
- Food Security: Cross Country policies and experiences, New Century publications, 9788177084177
- “The Millennial Generation Entrepreneur and insight into sustainability”, Chapter 4, p.g. 47-58, published in book “Social Science Higher Education”, ISBN:978-81-923353-6-0, HNGU Patan, 2012 (Co-author).
- Ranita Nagar and Sooraj Sharma (edi.), Towards a Food Secure India (1st, Ruby Press& Co., New Delhi 2015).
- “Global financial integration ensures global economic growth : Merely a theoretical approach”, Chapter 16, p.g. 147-157, Published in the book ‘Role of Financial Industry in Accelerating Economic Growth’, ISBN : 978-81-9237-874-9, Gujarat Technological University, 2014.
- “The global financial crisis in the backdrop of major economic crises : The role of global financial integration”, Chapter 27, p.g. 315 -325, Published in the book ‘Dynamics of International Finance in Global South’, ISBN : 978-93-83842-81-0, Excel India Publishers, 2014.
- Sarada Chit Fund, Ponzi Scam: A warning signal for under regulated non banking companies ( NBFCS) in Gujarat, Pg 28-56, Gujarat Law Journal, Vol 3 issue 1, ISSN 2249-9644, 2014.
- Editor in book “Economic Analysis of Law: An Indian Perspective”, ISBN 978-93-5143-027-8, LexisNexis, 2014.
- Editor “Food Security Law Interdisciplinary Perspectives”, Center for Food Security and Agro Economy, GNLU, Gandhinagar, ISBN 93-5145-026-0 ,Eastern Book Company, 2014.
- The Centre for Food Security and Agro Economy announces its publication titled: Food Security Law: Interdisciplinary perspective, EBC, 2014, ISBN: 9351450200.
- “Enterprising a Greener Tomorrow: Role of Ecopreneurs”, p.g. 216-221, Asian Resonance – A Peer-Review Multi-Disciplinary International Research Journal, ISSN No. 0976-8602 VOL.-II, ISSUE-III, JULY-2013.
- “The recent economic crisis: Unleashing the creative economic revolution & the paradigm shift towards a new economic order”, Chapter 11, p.g. 188-197, published in book “Recent Advances in Management”, Prateeksha Publicatons, ISBN: 978-93-80626-73-4, 2013.
- Assistant-editor in “Maritime Security and Piracy (Global Issues, Challenges and Solutions); ISBN: 93-5028-708-0, Eastern Book Company, 2012.
- “The hidden facets of Somalian Piracy, Section I, p.g. 127-133 “Maritime Security and Piracy (Global Issues, Challenges and Soloutions), ISBN: 93-5028-708-0, Eastern Book Company, 2012.
- “The Classic Debate on growth versus development: A case study on the decreasing child sex ratio in high growth states” in the International Seminar on “Journey of Women Empowerment: Miles To Go” ISBN 9788191038958.
- Prepared the Draft Report on Efficacy of Aanganwadis in Gujarat with regard to SC Guidelines on 28th July 2012.
- Nagar R, “Legal aid as an instrument for increasing economic efficiency of access to justice in the justice delivery system, Legal Aid, Catalyst for social change”, P 52, Satyam Law International, ISBN 97881921204.
- Nagar R and Thakar H, “Regulatory reforms in global economic system”, Management issues and options, Baba sahib Gawde institute of Management studies, Mumbai, ISBN 9789350670569
- Good Governance: Views and practical lessons from various sectors- Articles and Reference Material, Tuesday, 11 Jan. ( Compiled and edited by B Patel, R Nagar, Jagadeesh Chandra T.G, Satya Ranjan Mishra, Hiteshkumar Thakkar, Amit Kumar Kashyap.
- Money, Trade and International Finance (Sudhir Prakashan).
- Disaster Management (New Delhi APH Publishing Corporation, 2010).
- Indian Public Sector Enterprise: An innovative march towards attaining global commanding heights’, in the Innovation management and entrepreneurship (New Delhi, Excel Books, 2010) P 203.
- Food Security; The attendant dynamics of climate change and the international perspective’, in the Indian Bar Review (New Delhi Bar council of India Trust 2010) P 109.
- “Miles to go before we reap” in Gujarat National Law University Group Publication 2009.
- District Human Development Index, Jamnagar, Saurashtra University, UNDP, Planning Commission, Govt of India, New Delhi and Directorate of Human Development: Govt of Gujarat, Gandhinagar.
- “Role of International Financial Institutions in the Global Crisis in the Indian Accounting Association, (Rajkot 2009).
- Edited the Seminar Booklet on, “Food Security: An instrument towards achieving Millennium Development Goals in the WTO regime (Center for Food Security and Agro Economy, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar,)
- Papers Accepted for Publication
- Paper submitted, North Gujarat, Patan “The Millennial Generation Entrepreneur and insight into sustainability”.
- Paper selected on The efficacy of aanganwadi’s in Gujarat December 2011, SPISER, Ahmadabad
- “From Fringe Banking to No frills Account: A story of Financial Inclusion” for GNLU’s Conference on International Banking and Financial Issues, Challenges and Solutions ( GCBIT)
Research / Area of Interest :
Areas of General Interest:
- Women Empowerment,
- Sustainable livelihood models,
- Vulnerability studies
- Accounting Association of India
- RDC Panel Member
Phone : (+91) – 79-23276611/23276612
Mobile : (+91) –
Fax : (+91) – 79-23276613
Email : email@example.com
*As carried by GNLU website