NMIMS is known to introduce programs that are unique and target niche areas of specializations. With the rich tradition of the School of Business Management (SBM) has launched in association with NMIMS School of Law, a new generation program titled MBA (Law). This two-year full time degree program will connect dots between Law, Business and Management.
Law and business are more interconnected than ever. As we move forward, lawyers will need to understand corporate finance, management, marketing, and or accounting practices to better serve their clients. At the same time, more and more corporations have turned to lawyers to serve as CEOs or in other business roles, especially when the firms operate in highly regulated markets. School of Business Management, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies has developed a 2 year MBA program to address the needs of students interested in business & law.
Responsible corporate managers can rarely make any significant business decisions without awareness of the possible legal implications. Conversely, lawyers who advise corporate management must have an awareness of the business implications of their legal advice. There is always strong demand for those with the skills and understanding of the interwoven aspects of both business and law.
MBA – Law bridges the knowledge gap by bringing management and law together. All the MBA courses teach management skills but they remain lacking in the knowledge of company, labor, industrial and commercial law.
In the current scenario more mergers and acquisitions are taking place and a mere law graduate or a mere MBA graduate may not be capable to handle such cases.
School of Business Management, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies’ MBA(Law) Program is the first program of its kind in the nation. It equips its students for success, whether they aspire for leadership in business and know the value of legal expertise, or whether they’re primarily interested in a career in law but seek a solid foundation in management.
There are several advantages of having leaders with a lawyer’s eye for detail and a manager’s understanding of business process in an organization. A few of the benefits to the organization enlisting the services of leaders of such background are:
- Reduction in external legal spending.
- Better management of in house legal department.
- Risk management.
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Leadership which can understand the changing needs of the business in a highly dynamic global scenario
Graduated students from this program will be able to:
- Enrich knowledge with enhanced and expanded inputs for skill development related to various facets of management and administration, analyses of business data, multi-modal communication and legal drafting skills;
- Deepen and hone their skill sets with fusion of management skills with application orientation;
- Enable themselves to think more practically with analyses of business information and effectively apply legal knowledge from the perspective of business needs, including matters related to off-shore transactions and transformation towards digital economy;
- Equip with additional capabilities for understanding and resolving critical business problems, emerging perilous dimensions of VUCA elements and legal matters with practical business orientation; and
- Gain skill sets in matters of laying down legal briefs, policy documents, standard operating and monitoring procedures for execution of business decisions, etc. in total compliance with laws, regulations, governance requirements, risks and sustainability management, etc.
MBA (Law) Program will prepare students with necessary knowledge and skills of business administration along with enhanced knowledge of business laws both from domestic and global perspectives. It will also provide application orientations to all young lawyers aspiring to excel in corporate and consulting world, with explicit skill sets for business administration and major relevant laws.
The following students will be eligible to join the two-year degree program:
- Graduates with three or five year LLB degree programs from recognized Universities;
- Qualified Chartered Accountants/ Cost Accountants/ Company Secretaries.
Prospective candidates are admitted through NMAT and / or an intensive personal interview. This interview will be preceded by a written test for a total of 100 marks and will include, Objective questions of 75 marks and an essay of 25 marks. The objective questions will be on the following areas:
- Logical Reasoning: 25 Marks
2. Legal Reasoning: 25 Marks
3. English Language: 25 Marks
Successful candidates passing through this process will be admitted to the two-year full time MBA (Law) Program.
Apply now @ http://sbm.nmims.edu/academics/programs/mba-law/
Toll Free No. – 1800 102 5138 / Board Line No. – 022 4235 5555
Email us at: email@example.com