The Indian Association of Social Science Institutions (IASSI), established in 1979, is a federal formation of academic bodies (universities and research institutes) that aims to promote and strengthen teaching and research in social sciences. IASSI also publishes a peer-reviewed quarterly journal titled IASSI Quarterly: Contributions to Indian Social Science. For details, please visit: http://www.iassi.org.
The 18th Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Social Science Institutions (IASSI) will be held during 4-5 December 2017 at the Acha-rya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India. The conference is jointly organized by the Acharya Nagarjuna University and the Centre for Economic and Social Science Studies, Hyderabad. Professor R. Rad-hakrishna, Chairman, Centre for Economic and Social Studies, is the Con-ference President and Professor M. Koteswar Rao, Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, Acharya Nagarjuna University, is the local Organising Secretary
of the Conference.
The main theme for the 18th Annual Conference is Inclusive Development: Perspectives and Policies. Researchers, professionals, and other experts, within and outside India, are invited to contribute conceptual and/or em-pirical papers on the following specific themes:
- Equity and Social Inclusion
• Livelihood and Employment Opportunities
• Education and Skills
• Urban Development
• Social Protection
• Inclusive Social and Political Institutions
Dates to Remember
• Last date for Submission of Papers: 10 October 2017
• Communication from IASSI about acceptance of papers: 21 October 2017
• Last date for Registration: 6 November 2017
• Dates of the Conference: 4-5 December 2017
Guidelines for Submission of Papers
• The papers should be emailed to email@example.com along with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Authors of the selected papers will be invited by the Conference President to present their papers in the Thematic Technical Sessions.
- Papers submitted should not exceed 8000 words (including tables and appendices) and should adhere to the current style of writing of the IASSI Quarterly: Contributions to Indian Social Science. For details, please visit http://www.iassi.org. All papers should include an abstract of about 500 words. The abstracts of all accepted papers will be com-
piled into a booklet which will be distributed among the Conference participants. After peer-reviewing and revision, selected papers will be published in subsequent issues of the IASSI Quarterly: Contributions to Indian Social Science. Those who would like their papers to be published in the journal should send revised papers to the Editor of the IASSI Quarterly after the Conference to email@example.com.
• Authors must ensure that their submissions are original. Please note that all papers will be screened for plagiarism and accordingly accepted or rejected. Authors are solely responsible for violation with respect to plagiarism.
LOGISTICAL AND OTHER INFORMATION TO DELEGATES
• The Conference registration fee for participants from India is Rs.1500 for IASSI member delegates, Rs.2500 for Non-member delegates, and Rs.2000 for spouse/accompanying person. For participants from out- side India, the fee is US$125 and US$100 for accompanying person.
- Registration will entitle the participants to modest boarding and lodging facilities as well as the conference kit.
- Boarding and lodging will be provided to the delegates for a maximum of 3 nights from 3 December to 5 December 2017, beyond which the participants need to make their own arrangements.
- Completed registration form along with Registration fee should be
sent latest by 6th November 2017 (Registration form enclosed)
- The prospective participants should adhere to the timeline of registration. On-the spot registration will be done only for local participants. Those registering after the deadline of November 6, 2017 will need to take care of their own accommodation and transport arrangements.
- Delegates are requested to send complete information along with the registration fee by D/D or local cheques in favour of Indian Association of Social Science Institutions, Delhi in time so that arrangements can be made for their accommodation.
Category Registration Fee –
IASSI Member Delegates Rs. 1500
Non-Member Delegates Rs. 2500
Spouse/Accompanying Person Rs. 2000
Delegates from outside India Non- IASSI Member Delegates US$ 125
Spouse/Accompanying Person US$100
Dates of the Conference: 4-5 December 2017
Last Date for Submission of Papers: 10 October 2017
Communication about Acceptance of Papers: 21 October 2017
Last date of Registration: 6 November 2017
Mode of Payment
Registration may be paid by way of NEFT/RTGS Transfer or Demand draft (D/D) or local cheques. Details of the NEFT/RTGS Transfers Account Name: Indian Association of Social Science Institutions Account No: 11084241607 Bank & Branch: State Bank of India, New Delhi Main Branch, 11, Parliament Street, New Delhi-110 001 IFSC code: SBIN0000691 Details for payment through bank draft or local cheques Demand Draft/Local cheque in favour of “Indian Association of Social Science Institutions”, payable at New Delhi Scanned copy of the transaction statement or the Demand Draft/Local cheque number of the payment along with the filled Registration form should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Mention the transaction statement /Demand Draft or Local Cheque Number and mark 18th IASSI Conference Registration in the subject line.
Professor R. Radhakrishna
Chairman, Centre for Economic and Social Studies
Nizamia Observatory Campus, Begumpet
E – mail: email@example.com
Local Organising Secretary
Professor M. Koteswar Rao
Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences
Acharya Nagarjuna University
Guntur – 522510, Andhra Pradesh
+91 – 8790205095 (Mr. J. Simhachalan)
Co- Local Organising Secretary
Professor Venkata Reddy Kata
Centre for Economic and Social Studies
N.O. Campus, Begumpet
Telephone: 91-040-23402789 ext: 372
Indian Association of Social Science Institutions (IASSI) C/o Institute for Human Development
84, Functional Industrial Estate, Patparganj, Delhi-110 092 Phones:
011-22159148/49, Extn-121, Mobile: 91- 9899198174 (Mr. A.K. Sharma)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
All queries relating to the Conference should be addressed to:
For details and updates on the Conference, please visit http://www.iassi.org