Name – Dr. Supinder Kaur
Designation- Assistant Professor
Contact details including e-mail, phone-
Department of laws, PU, Chandigarh. E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org mobile- 9876033232
- Area of Specialization- Family Law, IPC
- Award/ Honours/ Fellowship etc.- Awarded on International woman day 2010 for being part of awareness compaign against female foeticide in Punjab
- List of best publications –
- Female Foeticide and Female Infanticide–Killing the Unborn Daughters – A Research Paper published in University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University Journal, P.U. Chandigarh in 2009. Refreed Journal of UILS Volume- ii, year 2008, pages 210-226.
- Female Foeticide – A Frightful Reality : Social- Legal Ramifications, a book published by Central Law Publications , Allahabaad in 2009. ISBN : 978-93- 80289-04-5. The book is reviewed by two of the learned authorities. One by Dr. Harshinder Kaur, MD Gyneacologist, Rajindera hospital Patiala and a renowned activist on the issue of female foeticide, awarded with many national and international honours. It got published in a national ‘SPOKESMAN’, a newspaper in the year of 2011. And second review was done by Dr. Gurnam Singh Sangera, a renowned sociologist and Professor Department of sikh Studies, Amritsar in a International Newspaper ‘SACH DI AWAAZ’, Canada in August
- Arbitration in Criminal Justice System – paper published in Kashmir University Law Review 2009, Department Of laws, Univ. of Kashmir, Srinagar. Volume – xvi, no.-xvi, pages- 255-265. ISSN 0975-6639.
- Genetic Engineering and Gender Justice: Social and Legal Echoes of Sex Selection Technologies – A paper published in Indian Journal of Human Rights and The Law. Volume – 7, No.-1-2, Jan-Dec 2010. Pages-119-130. ISSN
- Terrorism And International Humanitarian Law – a paper published with UILS , PU Law Journal ,
- Arbitration-A Need in Criminal Justice System – Research Paper published in Vidhigya- The Journal of legal Awareness , volume- 04,no.-01, jan- june2009, pages – 64-71. ISSN 0973-3825, RNI No. A/F.
- The Problem Of Noise Pollution In Big Cities – Legal Helplessness- A paper published with Nyaya Deep, the official journal of NALSA, volume xi, issue 01, January 2010. Pages -39-57.
- Inter-Disciplinary Research: Need And Scope In Socio-Legal Research Methods – 2013. A paper published in a book authored by Dr. Rattan Singh, Chairman Department of laws, GNDU,
- One article in an edited book. Title of the book – Legislature, Executive and Judiciary – An Introspective and Prospective Vision. Publication – Allahabaad Law Agency 2006. Title of the article – Three Instrumentalities of the Constitution and their Inter
- One article in an edited book. Title of the Book – Indian Constitution and Weaker Section, edited by Dr. S.C Sharma, Prof. & Head Of Department Of laws, GNDU Regional Campus Jallandhar by G.N.D.U., Amritsar, 2005. pages -123-133. ISBN 81-7770-130-4. Title of the article – IndianConstitution and Women – Relevancy of Constitutional Provision in cases of Female Foeticide and Female Infanticide.
7. Highlight of Research work –
The focus of research is on the issue of female foeticide/infanticide in India,
scope of arbitration in present criminal justice system, legality of surrogacy,
problem of minor marriages, and other woman related aspects – social and
8.Any other important information –
– Member of ALL INDIA LAW CONGRESS
– member board of studies in the department of laws, PU.
– Worked as co-ordinator in seminars and workshops
– participation in mass compaign against female foeticide
– spokesperson on woman related issues in educational and social institutes