Dr. Madhuker Sharma did B.A. [Hons.] English in the year 1996 from University of Delhi. He did Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) in the year 2000 from C.C.S. University, Meerut. He then went on to pursue LL.M. and completed the same in the year 2002 from C.C.S. University, Meerut. He has completed Ph.D. in 2008 from Faculty of Law, University of Delhi. The topic of his Ph.D. research work was “A Socio-Legal Study on Rights of A Girl Child in India”.
Before joining the teaching profession, he was serving with Government of India with work profile of administrative duties; during those years, he also used to teach at Faculty of Law, University of Delhi and at J.I.M.S., Rohini, Delhi as visiting faculty.
His areas of interest is ‘empirical research in criminal law’, ‘criminology’, ‘criminal procedure’, and ‘right to information laws’. He has research experience of more than five years wherein he has conducted & completed research work on various socio-legal issues, like, ‘social disparity with women’, ‘support system at old-age homes’, and core criminal law issues, like, ‘juvenile delinquency’, ‘environment related criminal laws’, & ‘wildlife criminal laws’.
- Visiting faculty at Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Rohini, Delhi (April, 2007 to March, 2011)
- Visiting faculty at Faculty of Law, University of Delhi (July, 2010 to December, 2010)
- Worked (as permanent official) with Controller General of Accounts, M/o Finance, Govt. of India for eight years (Feb.’ 03 to July’11); work profile: ‘administrative duties’
Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Attended
- Participated in ‘1st National Conference on Emerging Issues of Corporate Social Responsibility’, organized by S.L.S., Noida, November 26-27, 2011
- Presented Paper at International Seminar on ‘Legal Education and Human Rights in the United Kingdom and India’, organized by S.L.S., Noida, on March 6, 2012
- Participated in International Seminar on ‘Law of Contracts: The UK Experience, and the Beneficial Interests in Co-habitation Disputes’, organized by S.L.S., Noida, on March 22, 2012
- Presented Paper at National Seminar on ‘Indian Judiciary: Past, Present & Prospect’ organized by Meerut College, C.C.S. Univ., Meerut, on 15th April’12
- Resource Person at ‘Faculty Development Program on Research Methodology, organized by Symbiosis Law School, Noida from 1st December, 2014 to 8th December, 2014
- Resource Person at ‘National Colloquium on Marital Rape in Marriage Related Laws in India’, organized by Symbiosis Law School, Noida on 17th October, 2015
- Resource Person at ‘Ist National Conference on Interlinking of Legal Aid Centres and Legal Aid Authorities’, organized by Symbiosis Law School, Noida on 19th April, 2016
- “Handbook on Right to Information Act, 2005”; published by Gogia Law Agency, Hyderabad
- “Perspectives on Rights of Girl Child in India”; published by Radha Publications, New Delhi
- “Juvenile Delinquency”, published by Radha Publication, New Delhi
- “A Handbook on Code of Criminal Procedure”, published by Gogia Law Agency, Hyderabad (asco-author with Dr. Girjesh Shukla)