DESIGNATION: Professor of Law.
PHONE NUMBER: +91-33-2335-2806/0534 Ext. 3240/3250
SCHOOL OR CENTER: School of Technology, Law and Development
Ph. D. in law (Environmental Law) from North Bengal University, Both LL.B. and LL.M. from North Bengal University. Also completed B.Sc. in Bio Science from the same University.
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS / LECTURES / CONFERENCES ATTENDED
Workshop & Seminars
- Participated and presented paper in a State level two days workshop held in Midnapore Medical college Sponsored by GTK-Kfw Basic Health Services; west Bengal, September 2004. The paper was on “Legal aspects-Doctors of West Bengal Govt. health services”.
- Participated and presented paper in the UGC sponsored national seminar on development of social sector: Issues and experience, March 2004 in Vidyasagar University Midnapore West. The paper was on “The environmental education and revival of rural economy”.
- Participated and presented paper in a State level workshop held in Midnapore Law college, September 2003. The paper was on “The protection of seed technology through intellectual property laws”.
- Participated in National level workshop on Copy Right Law supported by Ministry of human Resources development, govt. of India. July 2002 in NUJS.
- Indian institute of Port Management Kolkata-11 July 2007-legal cases on EIA- Judicial response.
- Indian institute of Port Management Kolkata-7 March 2007-Environmental pollution-judicial responses.
- Bangabasi College Kolkata-21 may 2006-Environmental Science & Law.
Environmental Law, Conflict of Laws in Winter Semester and Water Law and Law and Religion in Monsoon Semester in LL.B.
Research Methodology subject in LL.M.
RESEARCH WORK COMPLETED / CURRENTLY UNDERTAKEN
- Done a research projects work on Consumer Protections & redressal Forum in collaboration with department of consumer affairs govt. of west Bengal along with Govt. of India.
- Prepared a Manual on Environmental laws in collaboration with West Bengal Pollution Control Board and in association with Ministry of Environment and Forest, State of West Bengal.
- Done a research work on the condition of prisoners in the state of West Bengal and wrote an article on human rights to Prisoners.
*As carried by NUJS Website