AUTHOR: Fatima Mujawar
PRICE: INR 125/-
EDITION: 1st Edition
PUBLISHER: EASTERN BOOK COMPANY
The current work is an introductory book with the objective to introduce international law to students and general readers as well. The author very lucidly explains the subject so that it becomes easy to understand for all. The book briefly presents the most important aspects of International Law. The subject has been covered from fundamental, overriding principles of international law to customary law and the United Nations philosophy.
- Covers all the essential topics with right amount of detail.
- The topics have been presented in a simple and systematic manner.
- Written in an easy to understand language.
- Will prove to be immensely useful to law students, students going for Model United Nations competitions (MUN).
- A complete reading of this book will give a firm base from which detailed study of particular topics can be taken up.
“Since Public International Law evolved out of jus natural, which was a body of recognized universal customs, it becomes difficult to discern its [public international law’s] principles as each principle has been recognized at different places and different times. It goes to the credit of Ms. Fatima Mujawar that she has crisply reformulated in her book ‘Crisp Introduction to International Law’ the basic principles of Public International Law. Without much verbiage, the book tersely enunciates principles of public international law applicable to different situations. The book covers the subject from jus cogens to customary law, to the United Nations ethos.
In this small book of about 100 pages, Ms. Fatima Mujawar has managed to concisely crystallize the fundamental principles of Public International Law.