Rules and guidelines for
CCI National Level Essay Competition 2017-18
Competition Commission of India (CCI) proposes to conduct the CCI National Level Essay Competition 2017-18 for students pursuing under-graduate and post-graduate degree.
(i) Growth of Digital Economy – A Challenge for Competition Regulators;
(ii) Eight Years of Competition Law Enforcement in India.
Language: Entries may be submitted by 31st October, 2017 in English language only.
Cash Prizes: Winners will receive attractive cash prizes as per the following table:
Prizes INR Category I Category II
Under-graduate Students Post-graduate Students
First – One 40,000 50,000
Second – One 20,000 25,000
Third – One 10,000 15,000
Consolation – 2 x 5,000 2 x5,000
Total 80,000 1,00,000
The prize winners shall also be given a certificate each. Names of the winners will be published on CCI’s website and separate intimation will also be sent to each of the winner for receiving the prize in an appropriate programme.
It is proposed to limit the essay competition to the full-time students of following two categories:
Category I would include under-graduate students including students in first three years of an integrated post-graduation course/ students of foundation & executive programmes of company secretary exam / students (joining after 12thand not after graduation) of CPT & Intermediate programmes of Chartered Accountant Exam and equivalent.
Category II would include students pursuing post-graduation and professional degrees/diplomas (not falling in Category I) and Ph. D. students.
- Essay entries submitted by the participants must be accompanied with a copy of student Identity Card and Aadhar Card. Entries received without a COPY of student Identity Card and Aadhar Card shall be summarily rejected and NO query, correspondence etc. pertaining to such entries shall be entertained by the Commission under any circumstances.
- Wards and relatives of employees of Competition Commission of India or office of Director General-CCI or Ministry of Corporate Affairs, GOI are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in this competition.
Fee: There is no fee and entry to the competition shall be free.
Structure of the Essay Competition:
- The Essay Competition entries shall have to be on one of the topics provided and submitted by the last date stipulated (i.e. 31st October, 2017).
Co-authored papers of up to two authors are permitted.
- Only one essay is allowed per participant or per collaborating team of co-authors.
The prizes in such cases will be shared among the team members.
Length of Essay:
The essay should not be more than 3000 words including footnotes. There is no minimum word limit; however, authors are encouraged to submit essays of not less than 1500 words.
Format of the Essay:
- Typed on A4 size electronic page.
- Font size shall be 12 points (English) in Times New Roman
- 5 interlinear space
- Margins of one inch (2.54 cm) on all the four sides
- Participants may use any recognized style of referencing system and this must be consistently used throughout the Essay.
- The List of References shall include all cited texts throughout the Essay.
Procedures for the submissions of essay:
- The entries have to be sent, latest by 31st October, 2017 through email only at email@example.com in ENGLISH language only.
- Subject of such email may be CCI Essay Competition 2017-18.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Previously published essays shall be rejected outright. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
- Participants shall ascertain and attest to the originality of their entry and a disclaimer clause to this effect shall be added.
Scoring of the essay:
While assessing the documents the weightage would be given as below:
- Originality and clarity of the content
- Quality of the analysis and research
- Language and Structure of the essay
- Grammar, syntax and form
The quality of language will not be a decisive factor, as long as the text retains its clarity and coherence.
- All the essays submitted shall be exclusive property of the CCI
- CCI shall be free to use the information/ views therein in any manner it requires.
- CCI shall not be responsible for any essay(s) not received. No essay shall be entertained if received after the deadline.
- Decision of the CCI in deciding the winner(s) shall be final and binding and NO query, correspondence etc. in this regard shall be entertained by the CCI.
- Laws of India with jurisdiction of courts at Delhi shall apply to this competition.
- Essays incompatible with the above rules and conditions will not be considered.
- Submission of entries to the competition implies acceptance of the above terms and conditions by the participant(s).
III. Decision of the Commission shall be final and binding in all the matters of Essay Competition.