CCI-NLUD Competition Law Moot Competition Law is an emerging field of law and its robust enforcement becomes a prerequisite for ensuring that the economic environment remains competitive and business deals adhere to the principles of fair competition and do not distort the market. Law schools can play a significant role in this regard by nurturing the growth of the subject through their curricula and other events, and also suggesting appropriate reforms to law. To this end, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has selected NLU Delhi in the panel of seven institutions for carrying out initial competition assessment of economic legislations/ bills referred to CCI. With the aim of fostering quality research and debate on anti-trust matters, NLU Delhi, in collaboration with the CCI is organizing the 1st CCI-NLUD Competition Law Moot.
The Moot shall be based on the memorial elimination format. The top twenty-four (24) teams from universities all over India shall be selected to plead before eminent judges from the bar, bench, regulatory authorities, academia and industry in February 16-18, 2018. The venue for the oral rounds will be National Law University, Delhi.
All students enrolled in a 3 year LLB programme or a 5 year integrated LLB programme shall be eligible to participate in the CCI-NLUD Competition Law Moot. However, only one team per university/institution shall be eligible to participate.
The team composition shall be as follows: 2 Speakers & 1 Researcher.
Registration for the “CCI-NLUD Competition Law Moot will” open on 10th September 2017. The last date for registration shall be 11:59 PM, 1 st October 2017. A unique Team Code will be assigned to each team for the purpose of the Competition after the registrations for the Competition have been completed. The registration fee for the Competition is ₹2,000 that has to be paid either through the online portal or through a Demand Draft. Further details about payment can be found in Annexure – III. The following documents shall be submitted by the teams at the time of registration via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a) Duly filled registration form with the signature of the head of the institutions/departments (Attached in Annexure – I)
- b) Certificate stating that the participants are bona fide students of the institution (Attached in Annexure – II)
- c) Scanned copy of Demand Draft of registration fee/Receipt of online payment
Timeline of Events
- 10th September, 2017 Release of Moot Problem & Opening of Registration
- 1st October, 2017 Last date for Registration
- 6th October, 2017 Last date for seeking clarifications
- 1st December, 2017 Submission of Memorials
- 7th December, 2017 Hard-copy submission of Memorials
- 10th January, 2018 Declaration of Results of Memorial – Qualifications
- 16th February, 2018 Registration (4:00 PM)
- 17th & 18th February, 2018 Oral Rounds
For More Details, please click HERE
Facebook – facebook.com/ccinludmoot
Email – email@example.com