ISBN Number – 978-93-5281-177-9
About Precedent: Precedent is a bi-annual publication of Jus Dicere Center of Research In Law that provides in-depth coverage of the issues that are of great importance to private practitioners, judges, corporate lawyers, government attorneys.
The most recent volume of Precedent, has featured contribution by Justice Ioannis SARMAS, Judge Supreme Court of Greece.
There shall be a peer review of each article submitted to the Board of Editors for publications by eminent scholars in the field of law on which the article/book review is focusing as part of the selection process for publication in the forthcoming issue. However, the same is subject to the discretion of the Board of Editors.
Precedent aims to focus on legal issues currently being debated.
In order for this objective to be fulfilled the Board of Editors of Precedent welcomes submission of the following:
- Article: An article is a thorough analysis of current legal issues currently being debated in India or abroad that could have an impact on India. These can be submitted in two formats
- Short articles: The word limit for articles is between 2,500 to 3,500 words excluding footnotes for being considered for publication.
- Long articles: The word limit for articles is between 4,000 to 5,500 words excluding footnotes for being considered for publication.
- Book Reviews: A book review should focus on either an autobiography authored by a lawyer which could inspire aspirants and practitioners in the legal field or focuses on a practical issue that is important to know in the legal profession. For instance, a book review on a book that deals with how to bill clients or how to understand a judge’s mind etc. The word limit for book review is between 1,000 to 2,500 words for being considered for publication.
- Case Comments: A case comment should be a composite comment on some of the leading judgments by various Indian and International courts. The word limit should be between 1,000-1,500 words for being considered for publication.
- The work submitted shall be original and unpublished. Plagiarism of any kind is prohibited.
- Maximum Co-Authorship of two persons is allowed.
- Every paper, article or Case Comment should have an Abstract not exceeding 300 words. The Abstract should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and may have a maximum of five keywords in alphabetical order separated by commas.
- The title of the paper should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 14, Bold and Center-Aligned followed by the names of the authors along with their Affiliations in Size 12 as Footnotes.
- A margin of 1 inch (2.54 cm) should be left on all the sides.
- All articles/book reviews submitted should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 12, line spacing 1.5’; Justified.
- Footnotes cited in the manuscript should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 10, line spacing 1’; Justified.
- The text and citation must confirm to the 19th Edition of the Bluebook: A uniform system of citation.
- Provide a cover letter including your name, school or affiliation, title of your manuscript, address, telephone number and email address.
- The manuscripts should be submitted online in a MS Word format document at Submission@jusdicere.co.in
A Nominal fees of 1500/- will be charged towards cost of book, courier and processing fees for single author & 2000/- for co-authored papers.
Last Date of Submission – October 25, 2017
Declaration of Result – Before, October 30, 2017
Last Date of Payment – It will be mentioned in selection mail
Date of Publication – First Week of December 2017
Dispatch of certificates – December 15, 2017