Army Institute of Law has emerged as a hub of scholastic brilliance and owes this to a team of highly qualified and erudite faculty members who lend a critical perspective to contemporary issues facilitating students’ comprehension and interpretation of various laws and statutes.
AIL, as a center of excellence in the field of legal education, aims to impart high-quality legal education and professional training.
The Institute ranks 12th in India as per India Today Rankings of Best Law Schools for 2017. It is also approved by the Bar Council of India.
Army Institute of Law Journal is a refereed law journal published annually. I take this opportunity to solicit a contribution from you, faculty members and students of your Institution/Department in the form of articles, notes and comments for its upcoming Volume XI, Issue 2018.
The journal is an endeavor to seek scholarly research papers from the experts, academicians, and students on contemporary legal issues to enhance awareness, generate a cross current of ideas on emerging matters and provide solutions to pertinent legal issues.
The erudite response of legal luminaries shall be solicited to enable the readers to explore challenges that lie before legislators, lawyers and the society at large, in the event of the ever changing social, economic and technological scenario.
All submissions (Both soft copy as well as one hard copy) be made latest by 25th October 2017.
The soft copy of the contribution be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
All subscriptions and correspondence concerning the Journal should be sent to the Editor: Dr. Ajaymeet Singh, Assistant Professor of Law.
GUIDELINES FOR THE CONTRIBUTORS
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION
- All manuscripts (in hard copy and e-mail) must be accompanied by:
- A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), official designation institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (correspondence address, email, phone number etc)
- A Certificate that the paper submitted is a piece of original and bonafide research work and has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- An abstract of not more than 200 words describing the submission.
- Contributions should be in English language only and in conformity with AIL’s scheme and style.
- Electronic submissions (on website or email) should ideally be made in Word Format (.doc)/(docx).
- Text and citations should strictly conform to the rules in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th edition). This mode of citation must be strictly followed otherwise the paper shall not be considered for publication.
- The submission of papers is open only for Teachers and Ph.D. Research Scholars.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, the name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The Journal encourages gender neutrality in its submissions.
- The articles in the Journal will be edited and published according to the orthographical and grammatical rules of Indian English, which is based on British English; thus, submissions in American English will be modified accordingly.
- The word limit for articles is 3000-7000 words (including footnotes). Notes and comments should be in about 6000 words. Book Reviews have a limit of 1500 words. The word limit must be strictly adhered to.
- In case of references from websites, complete URL address, along with the last date of accessing the website should be mentioned.
- Contributions to the journal shall be evaluated by the nominated Referees. A mere submission of a contribution shall not confer any claim for publication.
- AIL reserves the right to take decision to publish the contribution or not.
- Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Copy right of all entries received shall exclusively vest with the Army Institute of Law.
The submission of work would imply that the contributor has assigned such rights to AIL on its publication in the journal.
- Authors are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the manuscript and must communicate the same to the Journal. Such material may include tables, charts etc.
- Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscripts to another law journal and if they have received an offer of publication. Authors may request an expedited review on this basis. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
- In case of book reviews, two copies of the book are to be sent.
- In case the article is not published, then the author shall be intimated by the Institute
through post and he/she may then send it for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts are to be submitted in duplicate. A soft copy of the article/paper should be sent along with one hard copy. Authors are requested to verify references and quotations before submitting the manuscripts.
It is mandatory to submit both soft and hard copy. Please e-mail the soft copy at the e-mail id: email@example.com
One Hard copy must be mailed to:
Dr. Ajaymeet Singh, Editor- AIL Journal, Assistant Professor of Law, Army Institute of Law, Sector-68, Mohali-160062, Punjab.
PROCEDURE FOR ACCEPTANCE
- On receipt of the contribution, the Editorial Committee shall screen it to satisfy itself about the conformity of the contribution with the AIL conditions and policy for submission of the manuscripts.
- The screened work shall be assessed by the nominated referees.
- A contribution recommended by the referee as fit for publication as such or recommended for publication with necessary amendments, if any, shall be considered for publication after the author would submit the amended paper accordingly. The author will be given two weeks to carry out changes thus suggested.
COPIES OF THE REPRINTS
Authors shall be entitled to one copy of the journal in case of publication
Please refer to AIL website for guidelines for the contributors to be adopted for publication in the Journal.
Dr. Ajaymeet Singh, Assistant Professor of Law: .+91 9915001136
Adhiraj Bhandari:+91 9988211435
Aneet Kaur: +917508945676