All India Essay Writing Competition-2017
(For University and College Students in English language only) On
“The Relevance of Sir Syed in the New Millennium”
Rules and Regulations:
- The participant must be a bonafide student of a University or a College. School students up to Class XII are not eligible to participate.
- The essay should be submitted on A4 size paper, typed in double space on one side and should contain around 3000 (three thousand) words, duly forwarded by Head of the Institution. The Soft copy of the essay along with two passport size photographs of the participant is essentially required. Handwritten essay will not be considered for the competition.
- The essay must be original and not published in any book, magazine, newspaper and online.
- Bonafide certificate from the College/University along with the correspondence address including contact number and E-mail ID of the participant must be provided on a separate sheet attached along with the essay. There must not be any identification mark or name of the participant written on the Essay.
- There are three cash prizes viz., First Prize of Rs. 25,000/-, Second Rs. 15,000/- & Third Rs. 10,000/-. Besides, State level toppers of aforesaid competition will also be given a sum of Rs. 5,000/- as consolation prize. The participants’ state will be determined on the basis of his/her institution’s address.
- The first, second and third prize winners will be given both ways AC-II class railway fare along with boarding and lodging facility at the University with one relative (Father/Mother/Brother/Sister).
- Prize money and certificates for the State Toppers will be sent to the winners by post.
- The essay must reach Public Relations Officer, AMU, Aligarh-202002 latest by 25th September 2017.
- The prizes shall be presented on the occasion of Sir Syed Day celebration on October 17, 2017 by the Chief Guest.
- The decision of the University with regard to the prizes will be final. For any further enquiry, participants may contact the undersigned.
Omar S. Peerzada
Public Relations Officer
Mobile: +91 84390 23992