GEETA INSTITUTE OF LAW
GEETA GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS
Geeta Group of institutions run by KR Education Society was started in 1992. Today GGI is a group of twelve institutes having more than 4000 students with a reputed band of around 400 faculty members.
GEETA INSTITUTE OF LAW
The institute is very well located on NH-1, G.T. Road Panipat, just 50 minutes run from Delhi. The institute was granted affiliation by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2007 and affiliation has been approved by Bar Council of India.
As the nature of Internet is changing and this new medium is being seen as the most ultimate medium ever evolved in human history, every activity by general people in Cyberspace can and will have a Cyberlegal perspective.
From the time a person registers Domain Name, to the time he sets up his web site, to the time he promotes the website, to the time he sends or receives emails, to the time he conducts electronic commerce transactions on the said site, at every point of time, there are enormous Cyberlaw issues involved.
It is viewed that the present issue of cyber crime might not be the concern of general public as these problematic cyber activities are thought to be distant and that they do not form a major impact on the Cyber activities common people which is a misconception.
Cyber crime is unlawful acts wherein the computer is either a tool or a target or both. Cyber crimes can involve criminal activities that are traditional in nature, such as theft, fraud, forgery, defamation, and mischief, all of which are subject to the Indian Penal Code.
The abuse of computers has also given birth to a gamut of new age crimes that are addressed by the Information Technology Act, 2000. Thus, it has become vital for the law and society to tighten the belts and take note of Cyberlaw for the protection of the general public as this is no longer an issue which can be ignored.
Presently almost whole of the population of India is a potential cyber user and is facing cyber crimes on a regular basis that mostly go unreported. The reason behind this improper implementation of cyber law can be its lack of awareness and execution and in order to improve the prevailing scenario, it becomes absolutely necessary to take initiatives and provide a platform for better understanding of cyber issues.
Therefore, GIL endeavors to provide the platform to academicians, thinkers, and students from around the globe to discuss, deliberate and debate and contemplate solutions to this issue which is pertinent, relevant and imperative in contemporary society.
THEME OF THE SEMINAR
Cyberspace: Instrument of Global Communication or Advanced Ammunition
- Multitudes of Modern Threats in Cyberworld
- Cyber Voyeurism; An end of privacy
- Cyber obscenity and victimization of women
- Cyber Sovereignty; merits and demerits
- Cybercivility for prevention of Cyber bullying.
Note: the theme and sub themes are not exhaustive; the author can select any topic relevant to the theme and the sub themes.
|Submission of Abstract||19th Oct 2017|
|Confirmation of Abstract||22nd Oct 2017|
|Submission of Full paper,
Demand Draft and Registration form (only Soft copies of all)
|1st Nov 2017
|International Seminar||12th Nov 2017|
ABSTRACT: The abstract should not exceed 300 words and
must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the author(s)
- E-mail address
- Postal address and Contact Number
FULL RESEARCH PAPER
- The paper should not exceed 6000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
- Co-authorship is permitted with a maximum of two authors only.
- Registration fee as per each author
- In the case of co-authorship, at least one author must attend the seminar to present the paper.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- Citation style: Bluebook 20th Edition
- All correspondence must be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper must be accompanied with the scanned copies of the duly filled Registration form, DD details, and the cover page, the details of which are mentioned in the abstract guidelines.
All submissions must be the author’s original and unpublished work. Plagiarized submission will be disqualified.
|For Students (Category I)|
|Indian||Rs 1000 ₹|
|Faculty Research Scholars and other professionals(Category II)|
|Foreign National||$ 25|
- Registration fee includes seminar kit, tea and lunch.
- The conference proceedings shall be published in the e-souvenir with the abstracts of the selected papers.
- All the delegates are requested to bring one hard copy of the original Full Paper and ID Proof along with them. Top three paper presentations from each Category (I & II) shall be rewarded. Certificate of participation shall be given to all participants.
The peer reviewed selected papers will be published in the
Institute’s Journal (ISSN No. 2278-6775):
Accommodation may be arranged in local star hotels on actual payment basis. However, request in this regard shall be made earlier. Charges for the same will be 2500 per person per day.
Payment can be made through RTGS/NEFT or Demand Draft which is to be drawn in favor of Geeta Institute of law, payable at Panipat.
Note: Registration fee is not refundable. The Institute will not provide any TA/DA.
For any queries you may contact:
|Mr Abhay Singh Thakur||Mr. Aditya Pratap|
|Asst. Professor,||Astt. Professor|
|Geeta Institute of Law||Geeta Institute of Law|
|Contact No: +91 99960-46000||Contact No:|