Saksharta Sadvidya Educational and Social Society, a Non-Profit Organisation rendering a helping hand to underprivileged children, registered under the Madhya Pradesh Society Act of 1973. It is an initiative by compassionate students to bring about a significant change in lives of children, who because of lack of means fail to achieve according to their capabilities.
Few students from destitute families who cannot afford good education will be given a chance to study in good schools so that they learn and grow.
Sadvidya also works for the legal empowerment of the vulnerable and the marginalized, women, children, persons with disabilities, Dalits, the poor, etc.
About the Competition
The competition aims at providing a platform to students of this country to express them freely and let their new ideas be read by all. It provides an opportunity to students to express their thoughts and solutions about the issue concerning Human Rights without any bar.
The students participating in this competition have to submit a short research paper on issues concerning Human Rights. They can choose one of the sub-themes provided and also provide a viable solution to the problem they chose to write on.
- The Internet and Human Rights
- Corporations and Human Rights
- Arbitrary Detention and Human Rights
- Forced Eviction and Human Rights
Participants are also free to choose a sub-theme of their choice.
Open for all students enrolled in any undergraduate or post-graduate program.
Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
Only original papers will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication at a contest elsewhere.
Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the paper.
Multiple entries for individual authors are not allowed.
Guidelines for Submissions
- The Research Paper should be of 2000 – 2500 words excluding footnotes.
Following Formatting Guidelines should be followed:
- Font Type and size: Times New Roman, 12, Line Spacing: 1.5, Justified
- Size for footnotes: 10, Line Spacing: 1
- Uniform Method of Citation should be followed throughout the paper.
- The subject of the mail should be “Title of the Paper_Registration ID”.
- Research Paper should contain a cover page with the following details-
- Name of the Participant(s).
- Registration ID
- Name of the University/Institution/College.
- Title of the Research Paper
- Contact Number.
- E-mail Id.
4.Submissions should be made only in .doc or .docx format.
- The submissions have to be mailed at: email@example.com
To Register, please visit:
Co-author: Rs. 250/- (inclusive of both the authors)
1st Prize – Rs. 3,000/- + Certificate + E-Publication
2nd Prize – Rs. 2,000/- + Certificate + E-Publication
Next Top four entries shall be given a consolation prize of Rs. 500/-.
Top 10 entries shall receive a gift of appreciation from Team Sadvidya (excluding top 6 entries).
Top entries shall be published on our website and receive hard copy of the certificate.
All the participants shall receive an e-certificate of participation.
Last date to register: 15th August, 2017
Submission Date: 20th September, 2017
Result Date: 5th October, 2017
For any queries, please contact:
Priyam Jain (Convenor) +91 9437705584 (whatsapp only)
Kirtika Goyal (Co – Convenor) +91 9458957134 (whatsapp only)
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org