The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months in Business, Political Science or Marketing/Communications;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English and French;
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Private Partnerships Division.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP
The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting from 13 July 2017.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Private Partnerships Division with the following key duties:
- Draft proposals, presentations, communication pieces and impact reports for French and English speaking partners and prospects;
- Map and research selected companies/foundations/social enterprises in the fields of food security and resilience building;
- Help set up and coordinate short-term employee secondments in WFP country offices;
- Produce summaries / case studies on existing public private partnerships;
- Monitor media and manage the team’s weekly updates;
- Undertake other related tasks and duties when needed.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: 7th June 2017