The National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore instituted in the year 1997 is awarding a Gold Medal in the name of the distinguished jurist, late H.M. Seervai for the best original essay written on the themes specified in Indian Constitutional Law. Over the years since 1997, this essay writing competition has become a prestigious event for the law students all over India.
TOPIC OF ESSAY:
“EXPANSIVE INTERPRETATION OF THE TERM ‘LIFE’ UNDER ARTICLE 21”.
- The Competition is open only for LL.B. / B.A., LL.B. / BBA, LLB. students studying in any of the recognised Law Schools / Colleges / Departments of the Universities in India.
- Co-authorship is not permitted
- Essay should be original (not published earlier or extracted from other sources).
- Content of essay should be in English typed in New Times Roman, font size 12 on one side of the A4 size papers.
- Word limit should not exceed 10,000 words including footnotes and references.
- The students are also required to write their name, address, contact mobile no. on the Essays.
- We request you to staple all the pages with an additional white page for first (title cover) and last page. Use of plastic wrappers and spiral bounds are discouraged.
- A soft copy of the same should also be sent through their respective email ids to
- Four (hard) copies of the essay should be sent to the following address.
The Examination Officer,
National Law School of India University,
Nagarbhavi, Bangalore – 560 072
Email id: email@example.com
- Students should also produce a bonafide certificate through the Principal or Head of the institution.
- The envelopes containing the essay should be properly sealed and superscribed – “HM Seervai Gold Medal Essay Competition”.
- The student whose essay on the chosen theme is adjudged to be the best, will be awarded a Gold Medal at the Annual Convocation of NLSIU, Bangalore.
- The NLSIU may award Certificates of Merit to select essays which receive the commendation from the panel of judges.
- Essay may also be considered for publication by NLSIU.
- For any further information or clarification, please contact Prof. T.V. Subba Rao, Tel. No. 080-23160525, 23160532 / 33 – Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard Copy should be sent before Saturday, the 10th June, 2017
Soft copy should be sent by 12.00 pm on 10th June, 2017
For any further information or clarification, please contact:
Prof. T.V. Subba Rao,
Tel. No. 080-23160525, 23160532 / 33,