9 – 11 yrs
Delhi/NCR(National Capital Region)
Key Responsibilities :
– Support head of function in aligning internal stakeholders for issues that need a MLI view/CFT support
– Work towards fulfilling requirements of established governance structures such as the Regulatory Council
– Will be responsible for independent drafting of policy and advocacy papers under the supervision of the RM.
– Expected to use research (primary and secondary) to help firm up advocacy positions and papers
– Expected to interface with chambers, pressure groups, think tanks and other like minded channels in furthering advocacy agenda.
– Must be able to demonstrate sufficient domain expertise in coming up with advocacy arguments both for internal and external stakeholders. Need to maintain process of continuous dialogue with EMC / SLT on key regulatory issues.
– Develop internal processes and SOPs to institutionalize internal governance framework for the Regulatory Affairs role.
– Scan, monitor and constantly evaluate the regulatory and policy landscape for developments which are likely to impact business and proactively help business to be ready with plans, draw out advocacy plans from the same.
– Would be expected to network with peers and allies in the industry to help build coalitions which can help push MLI advocacy agenda by pushing back, mitigating or drafting in regulations which further MLI objectives.
– If needed, will have to work in close conjunction with an external consultant to firm up policy advocacy papers as mandated by the Regulatory Council.
– Would be expected to support CVP, RA in interfacing with external stakeholders such as the Regulator, MOF, chambers and other stakeholders.
– Ability to gather intelligence from both external stakeholders, competition in the market place and work closely with the internal market intelligence team.
– Be responsible for all documentation of process and information flow relating to the function including creation and owning of advocacy execution trackers, dashboards, repository of regulations etc.
Measures of Success :
– Proactively shape agenda and take lead position in the industry on the same.
– Put MLI positions at the top of industry wide advocacy initiatives for onward transmission to ultimate stakeholders like MOF and IRDA.
– Ability to anticipate the changing landscape and quickly cobble together CFTs to get business ready and proactively draw up advocacy plans ready for execution.
– Follow through with plan execution on a project matrix with 100% completion of mandated actionables, in terms of content (papers) and stakeholder interactions within agreed timelines.
– Successfully push back on key issues adversely impacting the industry e.g the Sumit Bose recommendations or any advocacy move, either separately or through platforms.
– Successfully ensuring the postponing of implementation of policy agenda which is detrimental to MLI/industry interests or enabling the incorporation of policy themes that is business positive for the company.
– Successfully identify overlapping interests among competition and peers and using such interactions to form groups to advocate preferred policy themes with external stakeholders.
– From the evolving landscape, being able to sift long term growth issues for the industry, build scenarios and proactively advocate on a blue sky basis with MOF, regulator and other stakeholders.
– Gather external intelligence from the regulatory and competitive landscape which will help alert business to significant developments and hence add value by enabling business to be ready with mitigation plans.
Salary:Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:Legal , Regulatory , Intellectual Property
AdvocacyLegalDraftingRegulatory IssuesRegulatory AffairsMarket Intelligence
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:Any Graduate – Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate – Any Specialization, Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Any Doctorate – Any Specialization, Doctorate Not Required