Vinod Mehta (Name-16 pt. font size)
College: Big National Law University (BNLU), Mumbai (10 pt.)
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (Mention the most frequently used email. Ideally mention the college email ID is mentioned. You should be able to quickly revert when you are contacted)
Contact Number: +91 2787665589; +91 9416896966
|COLLEGE/SCHOOL||QUALIFICATION (12 POINTS, CAPS)||CGPA/PERCENTAGE|
|BNLU, Mumbai||Pursuing 4th year of the BA.B.Sc/LL.B (Hons.) Course||5.2/7.0|
|ST. MARY’S HIGH SCHOOL,
|Higher Senior Secondary (Class XII); Affiliated to CBSE Board||83%|
|DPS, RK PURAM,
|Senior Secondary (Class X); Affiliated to CBSE Board||87.6%|
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND COURSES
|Company Secretary Course||ICSI (Popular abbreviations need not be written in full form)||Foundation course cleared
|Patents (DL-201)||WIPO’s Worldwide Academy, Geneva||June 1-July 15, 2011|
|Cyber Laws Course||Asian School of Cyber Laws||October 3- November 23, 2010
Luthra and Luthra Law Offices, New Delhi [April-May, 2011: 4 weeks] (12 points)
- Drafted a plaint and a cease and desist notice against the Client’s trademark violators.
- Framed a legal opinion for a web based cricket stock exchange.
- Did extensive case law and statutory research on the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act;case law research on international arbitration and online mediation processes.
- Was the batch topper with a GPA of 6.8/7 in the 5th semester.
- Obtained ‘E’ grade (the highest attainable grade) in Constitutional Law I, Public International Law.
MOOT COURT EXPERIENCE
- Winner, Manfred Lachs International Space Law Moot Court Competition (Asia Pacific Round) (April 2011).
- “Hindu Law and the Constitution”, Indian Bar Review, Vol. XX (20th April 2011).
SEMINARS AND OTHER WORKSHOPS
- Presented a Paper titled ‘Human Rights and Globalization’ at a Seminar on Human Rights held at Princeton University (June 2010)
- Student Editor of Indian Juridical Review. Responsibilities include selecting abstracts; contacting jurors, lawyers and academicians for peer review and proof reading (2009-2010)
- Convenor, Moot Court Society (2010-11). Responsibilities include conducting and managing logistics of moot courts in association with law firms; selecting/training moot court teams.
- Won 1st prize in Oxford University Annual Debate- India Chapter (2009-10).
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
I am a dog lover and like to read up on various breeds of dogs. Apart from internships, adventure sports and mountain climbing occupy my time during vacations. I like to write poems and blog regularly for youthup.com.